Friday, March 20, 2009

Pregnant friend

Dear Caitlin,
My best friend is Pregnant. She has asked me what I think she should do. My other best friend is the other participant in this situation. They both have different veiws and they keep looking to me for advice. I give it to them as best a s possible but, I don't know how I can keep dealing with this. I don't want them to feel like I am siding with one or the other cause I care about them both. I think the main problem in this is that I secretly do side with one over the other. You see my friend that is Pregnant wants to keep the baby no matter what but, my friend that is going to be the father wants to put it up for adoption. If you could please give me some guidance on this I would really appreciate it. I have been praying to god alot but I think it might help if I get help from more than one source. Thank you.
from, C O

Dear C O,
Wow, you’re in a tough spot. It’s good that you’re asking God for direction, but you need to encourage your friends to do this for themselves. Has your friend really considered what keeping her baby will be like? Maybe you can help her to really think about what it means to raise a child. It’s a 24/7 job that leaves little time for anything else. Is she really ready to do that? Only the parents of this child can decide what’s best for themselves and, unfortunately, they may never agree on it. I think the best thing for you to do is to continue being a loving and supporting friend, but don’t let them pressure you into taking sides. And keep praying.
Blessings,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment