Friday, March 27, 2009

Getting rid of those old feelings

Dear Caitlin,
well im not sure where to start.. well i guess im 15. 2 years ago i met this guy. he is not a good guy at all. he did all kinds of drugs and just played girls. i liked him for a year before we started going out. he broke my heart. i neverstopped caring for him. i would cry myself to sleep every night because id be afraid that he would O.D. with drugs and die.. i couldn't bear the thought of losing him. i was in love with this guy. its been over 2 years now... i dont care for him as much, but everytime i hear someone talk about him or i see him.. my heart breaks all over again.. how do i get him off my mind. parts of me want to be back in his arms and feel his kisses again. how do i get away from him for good?
from, D


Dear D,
Wow, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot with this guy. I’m sort of surprised that you’d even want to go back there. I mean I can understand “caring” about a guy who’s messed up and praying for him and stuff, but why would you want to be back in a relationship with him? I suggest that you come before God ASAP and that you imagine yourself handing this guy over to God—for good. Tell God that you care about this guy, but that you realize he’s wrong for you and make a promise to God that you will not get involved with him again. Then ask God to watch out for this guy and help him to straighten up.
Blessings,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment