Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dating an older boy

Dear Caitlin,
I've read what you've said about a 14 year old going out with an 18 yr old but i just can't help it. It's kind of different this time (some of my friends my say I'm boy crazy, need cure!) because he liked me first. Plus, he said I'm beautiful (not the usual) and funny. I don't look 14, he thought I was a senior at first. I made a "no-dating" commitment not long ago, but it just didn't seem right for me because I didn't have a boyfriend or anything. I went to homecoming with a senior (I'm a freshman) and now this senior likes me. But I don't know what to do, and I'm not sure if I really like him, but I think I do. He's really sweet, and not the guy I would usually like. If I were to go out with him and anyone found out, it would ruin my reputation, but I don't care about that cause he makes me laugh like no one has made me laugh before and I'm just happy around him. I need to find an answer to what to do in this situation and a cure for boy craziness.
from, I K

Dear I K,
About midway through your letter you say, “I’m not sure if I really like him…” and I’m wondering what’s up with that? If you’re not sure, why are you considering going out with him. You also mention your “reputation” and that’s another flag. I say when in doubt, don’t. My cure for “boy craziness” is to go out with groups of friends instead of just one guy. And you may not realize it, but some guys will say things like “you’re beautiful and funny” just to make you believe that they’re really into you when they are mostly into having a good time—and then it’s see ya later. Only you can protect your heart. I hope that you do.
Blessings,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment